Looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast that will also give you a protein hit? We've got you covered with these blueberry protein muffins.
Packed with wholesome ingredients and of course, Jersey Hemp protein powder! Not only are they easy to make, but they're also gluten-free and can be easily customised to suit your tastes.
Why not whip up a batch and enjoy a nutritious breakfast?
1 banana (mashed)
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp of Jersey Hemp Protein Powder
1 tbsp honey
150 g oats
75 ml milk (any milk of your choice)
50 g blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
2. Scatter 2 tablespoons of oats onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the mashed banana and egg in a large bowl.
4. Then add the cinnamon, baking powder, honey, and protein powder. Mix well.
5. Now add the remaining oats and milk and mix until completely combined.
6. Next, fill 6 muffin cups to roughly halfway with the mixture, add 3-4 blueberries per muffin and continue to fill the muffin cups up to just below the brim with the remaining mixture.
7. Top your muffins with a few more blueberries and a sprinkle of the toasted oats, then bake for 30 minutes.
8. Once 30 minutes is up, remove them and allow them to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before eating.